The Latest Gift Trend, Plant GiftsSuddenly, there’s been an increase in plant parents and lovers, which means plant gifts are currently the most thoughtful and popular thing you could gift someone. It’s all over social media, millennials posting countless pictures and videos of their much-loved plants. Perhaps it’s because plants are a responsibility that’s a step down from pets, or that being surrounded by nature is known to increase happiness. Either way, plant gifts are the latest trend, and we’re here to tell you everything you need to know to ensure you gift the perfect plant.
Why Plants Gifts Are A Great IdeaWe’re sure that you don’t need too many more reasons why plant gifts are a great idea if you’re already here. However, just in case you need to hear more reasons, we’ve listed a few:
- They freshen up the air around you Often our fast-paced, busy lives stop us from being able to step out into nature too often, especially in the middle of the week. However, the presence of a plant in the room or at the work desk can help considerably in making the air around you fresher. So, when you gift someone a plant, you are giving them the gift of good health as they will breathe fresher air.
- They can last for a long time We should pre-empt this with your plant gift can last a long time if it is taken care of properly. Unlike other gifts, plants do not expire or get outdated. Plants can stay with the person forever if looked after correctly.
- They’re an excellent gift for any occasion There’s no specific occasion that the gift of plants is more suited to. So, whenever you’re stuck for a gift idea, whether it be Christmas, a birthday or even Valentine’s Day, the plant is a great option.
What Are The Best Types of Plants To Gift?With such a large array of plants, it can be slightly overwhelming when choosing which plant to gift someone. So what constitutes a good plant gift? Of course, it depends on the specific person to whom it’s gifted; however, let’s look through some of the most popular and appropriate plants to gift someone.
- Orchids Orchids make excellent gifts because their blooms are beautiful and last for quite a long time. They’re easy to care for and often bloom repeatedly for many years. In addition, orchids are quite affordable, visually appealing, and easily transported.
- Succulents Succulents are widely known as a symbol of tenacity, strength and selflessness love. Therefore, gifting succulents would be a great idea to show love and care for someone. Also, succulents are alive for a long time and are known for being sustainable, and they also are unique in their look.
- Rubber plants Rubber plants, despite the name, are not fake plants. They’re great indoor plants as they contain no allergic properties, they help purify the air, and low maintenance and are easy to grow, not to mention they look great!
- Monstera plants Monsteras are a very popular plant due to their big leaves and easy care processes. Additionally, they’re a great indoor plant as they don’t require a lot of sunlight and only need to be watered once a week.
- Caladium plants These plants love the shade, so they make for a great indoor plant. Caladium plants are very visually great to look at with their different shades of green and rarely flower, but they are shaped like calla lilies.
Accessories To Gift Plant LoversIf you’re looking for something special, why not splurge on a plant hamper instead? If your loved one is interested in plants, then plant gift hampers may be the best option to really wow them. Additionally, there are plant accessories available to pair with the hamper. Potential accessories include:
- Vases: ceramic, glass, metal
- Essential plant care kits
- Garden tool kit
- Watering can
- Plant hangers
- Wall planter sets
- Plant terrariums